The candidate should have experience organizing online content and leveraging Social Medias. For example, on his/her own blog or other community organisations. This is a great position to begin your contributions to Oracle community.
- Self-starter with initiative
- Basic social media skills and experience
- Basic knowledge of Oracle RAC technology
- Preferably RAC SIG membership for at least one year
The librarian chair manages the content of the RAC SIG website and the presence on Social Medias (Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter), as well as the periodic announcements to the RAC SIG mailing list.
The librarian chair works closely w/ the website chair who will coordinate the building of enhanced functionality to support these needs.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare and publish in a timely fashion new announcements on the mailing list and on the social medias
- Share RAC-related content and information using the official twitter account
- Administer the LinkedIn official group
- Enhance the RAC SIG website to be a better place for RAC related content
- Purge old and stale content from the site
These duties usually take about 1 hour per week and almost all the duties occur via web, so they can be done at almost any time. This position also carries board membership and will participate in regular board meetings to discuss upcoming events and general RAC SIG topics. These meetings are conference calls that are scheduled at a time that works well for all board members.